Coal and Water
First 32 feet eight inches
1869 Building commenced
December 1874 Building completed
1st.January 1875 Official lighting day.
Lighting apparatus-Fresnals with Mr.Stevensons holophotals improvements.An octagonal metal frame each side with annular lens,rotating at 4 minutes per revolution giving a flash every 30 seconds.
Two fog bells to be rang every 30 seconds as required.
1890 Tonite fog signal to be sounded every 5 minutes.
1905 Incandescent lamp fitted
Two sets of lens mounted biform on a PRB pedastal with 70 watt Cdmt lamps.
Emergency lights.Two Sabik LED 350-3 lanterns
August 2011 Racon fitted
Showing Racon and one of Sabik LED 350-3 beacons
Showing Racon and Sabik LED 350-3 beacons
2012 Communication by satellite link
From 1875 the old Calf of Man lighthouses accommodation was used as the shore station for the Chicken Rock,in1886 a shore station was built in Port St.Mary in the Isle of Man.
All photographs Copyright Fred Fox .